Blackstrap Molasses contains all the nutrients and minerals that sugar cane does except for sugar itself.
It is a natural by-product of the sugar refinement process.
- High in Iron, which is perfect for anaemic patients and can aid women who are suffering from PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome).
- High in Potassium, which is essential for regulating your heartbeat and blood pressure. Great for people who are suffering from hypertension (high blood pressure).
- High in Magnesium, which is essential for muscles relaxation, contributes to heart health, is great for deep sleep and is shown to reduce anxiety.
- It is great for weight loss as it regulates the metabolism of nutrients such as protein, nucleic acids, fats, and carbohydrates.
How to use:
- Can be used as an alternative to sugar in baking.
- Can be added to milk or smoothies or can be eaten by itself.
- Can be added as a topping for cereal.
Before the 20th century, it was majorly used as an alternative to sugar as a sweetener.